Monday, August 29, 2011

The Pop Shoppe Cream Soda

Upon first inspection of this soda one thing immediately catches your eye. It's red?




Opening the rotund bottle gives way to one of my favorite things about glass bottles: the vapor. Every time you open a bottle I gas appears that tends to stay inside the bottle. A quick blow over the opening will get that gas out (it's physics).

First taste, is good. It reminds me of most cream soda's I have tasted. But I also get kind of a candy taste. It could be my mind playing tricks on me because the soda is red.

It is carbonated well, not fizzy at all. It just gives you a little sparkle in your mouth.

The bottle is short and kind of barrel shaped. Diamonds encircle the top and bottom. Written vertically so you'd have to tilt your head to the left says, "Sticks and stones will break my bones..." Which is odd because the saying of course goes, "Sticks and stones may break my bones.."

Little to no aftertaste.

Overall I would deem it an average cream soda. It is visually appealing, however. The abnormal bottle shape always draws my eye. And of course, how can you resist a red cream soda? Best of all, it was $1.05.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I would not be attracted to a cream soda that is red, purely because it's red. If I had seen it in a shop I would have assumed it was a cherry soda :P

    ReplyDelete