Thursday, September 1, 2011

Frostie Cherry Limeade Soda


Day 2 of this project features a wonderfully colorful soda. Red liquid accented with lime green on the label and bottle cap. A Jack Frost type character adorns the snowy scene on the label.



First sip: I definitely taste the cherry. The limeade part seems a little hidden. I haven't had much experience with limeade so I'm not entirely sure what flavor I'm looking for. The aftertaste does seem limeade-esque.

This soda is certainly more fizzy than the last one. Twisting the cap off gave way to more bubbles than the Pop Shoppe Cream Soda. Taking a swig gives me that fizz one expects from a carbonated beverage.

Strangely, I get a Coca-cola taste in the top back of my mouth. My guess is that it is the cherry.

The bottle is a simple design, what one would probably think of if asked to picture a glass bottle. The name "Frostie" pops out of the glass on a diagonal 4 times around the upper middle section of the bottle. The bottle is nothing special but the label is cheery in a holiday sense.

The flavor is quite good. It's ones like these that aren't exactly a normal flavor that get me excited to do this project. Predominately cherry, with a light lime taste in the background. It seems more like a summer soda to me, despite its label. A slight tang really makes this soda pop. Each sip the soda says "Here I am!"

I wish I could give these sodas number ratings but I don't have enough to compare to. So what may be an 8.5 now could become a 7.5 as I taste more.

No comments:

Post a Comment