Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waialua Mango

Huh vai eee!!This drink has a nice sweet smell to it. There is a very slight pink hue to the soda, which you cannot tell from my picture.

It has a strong mango flavor, a little tangy. The after taste is apple! I haven't had a mango before so I'm not entirely sure if that is commonplace to have an apple taste. The flavor definitely sticks around.

The carbonation appears to be alright. It does not look fizzy and I do not get an eruption of bubbles when I take a drink. I think I may be confusing the taste of the mango with the sensation of carbonation. They both give that sharp taste.

Drinking this makes me want a Mango snowball...or maybe I just want a snowball in general.

The bottle is of a standard clear design. The labeling is quite simple. A hula girl graces the front of the bottle. She is in the foreground of an orange circle, perhaps symbolism for Hawaii'n sun? Behind the faux sun it is completely lime green. It gives off a nice tropical feel.

Upon closer inspection, the hula girl is not wearing a top. She is only covered by her lei. These bottles are risque.

I would have to say this soda tops the charts in the mango category. Of course, it is the only one in the mango category. I imagine if you wanted to taste mangoes than this is the drink for you. If not, something else might be better. It is a fairly standard soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment