Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Boylan Root Beer

Nothing like a classic after yesterday's debacle.




I've heard good things about Boylan, so I'm pretty excited to try out their Root Beer.

First off, I opened it without using my shirt...HOWAH

Smells very Root Beer like. Smells just like a root beer dum-dum lollipop.

First taste is quite satisfying. Initially you get the root beer taste, nothing out of the ordinary there. But what I like about this is the nice, mellow, creamy aftertaste. I would come back for that after taste.

Upon sip-age, there is a little too much fizz for my palate. I don't like it to get all gassy in my mouth, I want a liquid with a little bit of sparkle to it. After taking a sip, I can hear the remaining liquid fizzing in the bottle. Upon examination of the bottle, I should have expected the fizz seeing how to the bottom left of the logo it says, "best" and to the bottom right it says, "head".

The bottle itself is tall and narrow. It is made from a dark brown glass. Near the mouth of the bottle is a little round bulge. I can only assume it is to enhance one's grip on the bottle. Good idea Boylan. In raised lettering the bottle says, "BOYLAN vintage soda pop" on one side and, "BTTLG CO family run since 1891" on the other. The G and the O in BTTLG CO are smaller but are upper justified with the rest of the letters. The entire bottle gives me an old american urban 1920's feel. I like it.

I am not good enough to distinguish between pure cane sugar and regular sugar, but apparently this drink has the former.

Overall a very pleasing beverage. The fizz is my only complaint about the drink. However, I would say that the nostalgic bottle makes up for that fact.

What's better than Root Beer? Birch Beer. I get to experience that quite a few Mondays from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment