Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Reed's Original Ginger Brew

All natural Jamaican Style Ginger Ale! Oh yeah mon.


First Wiff: Holy crap, they threw some spices in here.

First Taste: WOW, that is strong. This is probably going to be a tough one..

I admit I was a little skeptical when I read "STRONG GINGER BITE". Written in near fine print on the bottle. But, oh man, that warning is not powerful enough.

The taste is mostly certainly ginger. I can taste a few other spices but I'm not experienced enough to discern them.

They say ginger is supposed to calm your stomach. I'm sure there is some science behind it but unfortunately, I do not know what.

Just burped, it burns a little.

While I sip this drink down let me tell you a little about my new schedule. I have discovered that the Yumm Shop is closed on the weekends, which will get in the way of my once every three days schedule. So, I decided to make it a Monday, Wednesday, Friday adventure. Yesterday, being Labor day, Yum Shop was again unopened. That is why This Jamaican brew is being consumed on Tuesday.

I honestly do not know if I will be able to finish this. It is crazy strong.

The bottle is the standard shape with green glass. The labels are sub-par. The top label is too big for the neck leading to a large wrinkle. All the labels are made out of paper with sticky stuff on the back. It did not fare too well in the rainy walk back to my dorm.

No preservatives whatsoever in this bottle. It is made from water, sweetened with fructose, pineapple juice and honey, fresh ginger root, lemon and lime juices and last but not least (actually that's a lie the last one on the ingredient is certainly the least) spices. 25% fruit juice. 17 grams of fresh ginger per bottle.

Gad. Zooks.

Okay, I think I'm going to have to break that rule that I wanted to stick to. I can't finish this. I got about 1/3 of the way threw though. I put up a valiant effort.

A week from Friday I go neck to neck (get it) with this brew's cousin, the Cherry Ginger Brew Ginger Ale. Also, the second to last Wednesday I will meet up with the Seltzer. Both of these, I can guarantee I will not be finishing. But I will taste them and drink as much as I can.

Reed's Original Ginger Brew, I'm sure you are right for some, but I am not one of those. On the bright side, you are the first to be put on the bottom of my list! Your cousin will probably meet you there in a little more than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment