Friday, September 16, 2011

Reed's Cherry Ginger Brew



AAANNNNDDD NOWWW!!! The most anticipated match of the year!! Reed's Cherry Ginger Brew, cousin of the late great, Reed's Original Ginger Ale, versus Mattncheese!!!

Mattncheese is currently 6-1 against sodas. The loss, of course, being to tonight's opponent's cousin!!

Will the cherry flavor be enough for him to muster through this soda? Or, will the now 22 grams of fresh ginger overcome Mattncheese yet again?


The match..begins.

With a deep breath I anticipate the punch in the face that may be this drink. Then I exhale and decide to type this.

A sly smirk comes across my face. (I should type that too)

They actually did the label right this time, it's not all wrinkled and what not.

DRINK, I MUST DRINK.

Okay...okay...I musn't accidentally catch a wiff of the drink as I bring it to my mouth..

Okay..

Wowzaa.

There is cherry in here?

I must continue on!

I have now drunk everything that was in the neck of the bottle..

It just burns my throat. My stomach, I can feel it.

The cherry is non-existent.

On the bright side, the drink is a nice deep ruby red.
..it will look wonderful when it is circling my sink's drain..

The label is mainly red. The scene in the front is of a river valley with a small branch of cherries in the foreground. Funny, when I look at this drink all I see is fire and large ginger roots laughing at me..

Cherry Ginger Brew, I stand defeated. Moreso than your cousin defeated me. I happily take my second loss. But know this! With every loss I gain more determination. Mostly though the ability of saying, "This soda is alright..I've had MUCH worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment