Monday, October 17, 2011

Cheerwine

Up until about 2 seconds ago I thought this was cherrywine.



They didn't check my ID when I bought this so they are either bad cashiers or there is no fermentation in this sparkling drink.

It definitely has that cherry smell. It reminds me of the cake I had at my sister's wedding this weekend!!

It has a great cherry flavor. I tend to not like cherry that much but this drink does it nicely. It's not too strong. I get some undertones of coke, another reason I think cherry is a big flavor in coca cola. (Is this common knowledge and I'm just dumb?)There isn't much else in this drink. It's just straight up cherry.

The aftertaste of cherries is one of the things that makes me not enjoy them to their full extent. This drink has that aftertaste. However, it is not a deal breaker. It is still a quality beverage.

The carbonation is pretty much perfect. It lives up to the "Unique Sparkling Soft Drink" touted on the neck of the bottle.

Speaking of, let's talk about the labeling...There hardly is any. There is the little circular print I just mentioned and there is a smallish oval label in the center. It's red believe it or not. Written in white it says, "Drink Cheerwine Bottling Company Since 1917". Simple, but effective.

Hey look! The bottle design is something different that I can write about! It's tall and skinny, Boylan-esque but not as tall. The cool thing is the vertical wave like grooves that run around the bottle. It gives you something to grip. There is a flat band at the location of the label.

Overall,I would call this a pretty high quality soda. The flavoring tastes great even if cherry isn't my absolute favorite flavor in the world. The bottle is unique and the carbonation is spot on. Welcome to the top of the ranks Cheerwine. The only question is, is it high enough to be in the top 5 for the Glass Bottle Tournament? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment