Monday, October 31, 2011

The Pop Shoppe Orange Soda

Bwahahhaah an orange colored soda on Halloween!

This the Canadian Pop Shoppe's final entry into my flavor journey. Will the Pop Shoppe finally be able to break the bonds of being average? Will this orange soda shine far and above over its brothers and sisters?

Probably not.

A citric orange invades my taste buds. The benefit of orange is that it gives you citrus without being tart like lemons or limes. As this adventure has taught me, tartness disguises itself as fizz. Thankfully, the non tart orange is not infiltrating my sour receptors and making me think this is an over fizzy drink.

The orange in this soda is not extra powerful like I feel Fanta or Sunkist's orange soda is. I like orange soda sure, but I think those two companies put a little too much into their soda. The Pop Shoppe makes the orange soda a little less intense. I would say that the Pop Shoppe's orange soda is more balanced, but I have no idea what it is balanced with..Perhaps the other end of the balance is just soda water..I'm not sure if that is a flavor itself. I will find out 2 Fridays from now when I get to drink Boylan's Seltzer.

..yay..

Like the beverages themselves, the Pop Shoppe's labeling is sensible and average. There is no variation in bottle design between flavors. So I will not repeat myself by describing it yet again.

The Pop Shoppe brand is always right. But what I am looking for is more than right. I'm looking for sodas that make me need to drink them again. Not want, but NEED. The Pop Shoppe makes perfectly respectable beverages and is always on the spot with the flavor. But I need enthusiasm! I need pazzazz!

Pop Shoppe...I need more POP.

No comments:

Post a Comment