Friday, November 18, 2011

Boylan Ginger Ale

Honestly, I've been put off from all Ginger Ale since I've had that Reed's Ginger Ale..

Well, here is to making me like it again.

Thankfully no where near as strong as Reed's. It is subdued, but it still tastes like fresh ginger. There are no spices to amplify the ginger. It is simply carbonated ginger water. As it should be. Not 22ounces of ginger root in liquid form pumped with the strongest spices on Earth.

It is carbonated well.

This bottles color theme is white! When I think of ginger ale I don't think of white, I think of a very light yellow. They are breaking their trend of matching the color to the flavor. Maybe diet ginger ale would be white, but that would be gross.

This soda seems to be a little different from the Canada Dry or Schweppes ginger ale one normally finds. This ginger ale has that fresh taste. Another reason to go independent. Unfortunately, I have acquired an aversion to ginger ale. At the very least, fresh ginger ale. While this soda is manageable, it still reminds me of Reed's. So, good job Boylan, you made a nice ginger ale with that fresh flavor. Perhaps if I had drank you before Reed's I would appreciate you more. But, the randomizer said otherwise.

This was the last entry by Boylan. Actually, only one soda remains in the qualifying round. Starting next week I will post everyday Monday through Friday. Each day I will reveal one of the final 5 contenders. Perhaps I will also give out a few awards for various other things.

The following week will be the playoffs. Again, I will post each day. This time I will retry the soda of the day and give it one final judgement. Come Friday, I will devour the last soda and then reveal the winner of The Glass Bottle Connoisseur!

No comments:

Post a Comment