Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Finals: Stewart's Orange 'n Cream

The Orange Originator!

The bottle is filled almost completely to the top. Oh yeah.

I know I've mentioned this before but it has the smell of a creamsicle snow cone. The type of snow cone where the ice is actually crushed and doesn't clump. The kind where "OOPS!" they put in a little too much orange flavoring. Better add some more creamy marshmallow goodness to make up for it.

I take a sip worth three glugs of air bubbles. Taking one sip at a time I realize that it tends to err on the creamy side of the orange and cream. However, if I take multiple sips at a time, that's when I really get the orange. The aftertaste has some of the bolder citrus taste. But lingering in the back of my mouth is the cream.

I'm reminded of the one time I went to Rita's and they had orange flavored custard. That is something they really should do more often..

The bottle is fairly standard. The neck is so far the shortest of the bunch. The label sports a green diamond with a orange popsicle on the covering the bottom corner.

I've never really noticed the difference in flavor from one sip to multiple sips at a time. It is quite pleasant.

Stewart's Orange 'n Cream gives you everything you might want from a soda. First being cream soda. Who doesn't want cream soda? Second, orange soda. Who doesn't want orange soda? Lastly, a blending of these two flavors that is greater than the sum of its parts. Individually, one is a little strong and one is nice, but would benefit from a partner. Combined they interact to make something spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment