Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Boylan Seltzer feat. OceanSpray Strawberry Kiwi

I once knew a person that actually drank soda water straight up.


Now I don't really expect that I will enjoy this soft drink all by itself. It's carbonated water..So, I got a little sidekick for our bland colorless hero.

But I will give it a try all by itself.

For a second upon opening medium size bubbles rose to the top. But it has settled down now.

There is no smell at all. Just a little tickle in my nose from taking too deep of a sniff of carbonation.

Perhaps it shall be flavorless too, like it's scent and color.

Not so much. It's not exactly good. There is no aftertaste thankfully. It is just pungent. How does anybody drink this alone?

Okay two sips and time to get the sidekick in.

A good portion of my "juice" (only 25% juice, what a joke...but a tastey joke) and some of the seltzer. Let's see if I can actually make this taste like a soda.

Well the pungency is certainly gone. There is a bit of a sparkle in the strawberry kiwi. However, there is one flaw in my plan. Sodas are syrup and seltzer. This is watery juice and seltzer. So my cocktail tastes much like a watered down soda. This may be great, if it was a more intense strawberry kiwi flavor.

I put more seltzer in (I'm trying to use it all up) and the pungency is back. More juice. Okay, now it kind of feels like a soda. Some fizz, a bit of tang. Unfortunately, it tastes eh. It kind of reminds me of grapefruit. A sour citrus that doesn't work too well with me.

I don't know if I'm up for finishing my cocktail.

If you happen to come across some coke syrup, this is the drink for you. If you don't steal from the restaurant you work at, then I would not buy this drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment