Monday, November 14, 2011

Stewart's Grape Soda

I wish I had some ice.

Have you ever poured grape soda into a glass of ice? The fizz turns blue!! One of the numerous reasons why I love grape soda.

Actually, one of two reasons, the second being it is just darn tasty.

Ohhh that magnificent Concord grape flavor. It's such a deep flavor. It is a smooth, rich flavor, that almost has its own creaminess to it. Just slightly creamy however. There is nothing sharp about this soda that needs to be cut down by adding cream soda to it. The flavor is like black cherry in that they are both robust. Strong, confident flavors they are.

The carbonation is right on the edge of being overdone. BUT, it isn't overdone. There is plenty of sparkle to this soft drink, but it doesn't FUD (is that what I called it? Fizz Upon Drinking?). The carbonation is walking on a thin line, but it hasn't fallen yet.

Unlike most other Stewart's beverages, there is not color changing label here. The diamond background is purple, as is the double popsicle. But they are to remain purple instead of disappearing along with my thirst.

This soda is great, but is it extraordinary? I believe I know 4 out of the 5 sodas that will make it to the playoffs. All of which are unique. This, this is just grape soda. While I love grape soda, I am not sure if it brings anything new to my soda journey. There is one spot left though. Perhaps it will fill the void, perhaps not. Tune in (checks schedule) next week (maybe) to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment