Friday, November 4, 2011

Frostop Orange & Creme

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!


The only competitor to King Stewart's Orange and Cream soda. Will those lowly farmer be able to usurp the king?

It smells lovely, like a delicious popsicle. I'm only smelling it but it is tricking my mind into thinking I'm holding up this popsicle. I want to take a bite, feel the cold chill on my teeth.

It is more cream than orange. I sense a little bit of caramel. This is coming from the soda that gave us vanilla caramel creme. I feel like this orange flavor is more of a natural orange. Like it were actually orange juice instead of synthetic orange flavoring. Yeah, it is definitely closer to orange juice than orange soda.

The carbonation is just fine.

The bottle features pictures of real oranges and ice cream. Both like rolling hills. On the leftern side of the label, a cup filled with ice cream. I imagine this is supposed to be an orange cream float. A popsicle is also featured on the main label. It is found under the Frostop letering. On the neck label there is a cow holding a popsicle. On this popsicle written vertically in black is Frostop. I would avoid that popsicle little cow. I would be afraid of a popsicle with black stuff on it.

It is a pretty decent imitation. I would like a tad less cream and a little bit more orange. Orange soda and orange juice are two different beasts. Orange soda is sharp, it needs the cream to dull it down a bit. Orange juice is...some thing else. While any flavor can benefit from adding cream soda to it, orange soda benefits more. That is why King Stewart is the King.

But of course there have been a few worth competitors looking to take the crown. A few weeks from now a great battle will take place! There were be other competitions too, competitions to be named later.

No comments:

Post a Comment